Looking to sell your home? Or are you trying to make a more atmospheric, vibrant place to live? Whatever your reason for upgrading, there are so many things you can do to breathe new life into your home. From installing a home office to renovating the kitchen and bathroom, you want to spend money on the aspects of a home that will either make it better for you to occupy or increase its value.
So, let’s take a look at some home upgrades that are truly worth the investment.
What upgrades increase home value?
There are so many ways you can increase your home value through upgrading, whether you spend a lot or a little on the upgrade!
Some things to consider include:
- Wall repair & painting: Because the first thing potential buyers notice when inspecting a property is the quality of the paint and walls. The aesthetic of these aspects can be the absolute difference between a person being enamoured by your home or bailing as soon as they see the place! You’d be amazed at how much a fresh coat of paint and a bit of wall repair can increase the value of your property – it’s worth it.
- New doors & windows: Environmental sustainability is becoming an important factor for homebuyers, and one of the best ways you can ensure your home is on the green side is by installing new, eco-friendly doors and windows. Not only this, these environmentally-friendly solutions reduce home-running costs as they enhance insulation – this is another winner for potential buyers.
- Kitchen upgrades: People always discuss the state of the kitchen when considering buying a property. They don’t want to have to rip up the kitchen’s old appliances and build a new one, and they will be turned off by a shabby old kitchen with subpar appliances. The best way to increase the value of the kitchen, and your home in general, is to upgrade kitchen appliances and benchtops – it makes all the difference in the style and functionality of a home.
Upgrades that enhance your home’s style
A home is a place where you want to feel at ease, and that’s the main point, right? So, here are some ways you can upgrade your home’s aesthetic and make it more stylish:
- Flooring: If your home is sitting on the same ratty carpets that have been there since the 70s then, well, it’s probably time to upgrade. Think about the difference stunning new flooring could make in your home. Whether it’s new carpet or vibrant hardwood floors, this makes a huge, stylish difference.
- Outdoor areas: Australia is world famous for its summers, so why not make them as enjoyable as possible by revamping your outdoor area. Think redoing the garden with the help of a professional landscape gardener, or building a brand new pergola where friends and family can hang out in the warmer months. Either way – it’s time to spruce up that tired old backyard and make it something amazing!
Contact Metronest Homes to find out about stunning home design
Interested in learning more about incredible home designs? Or would you like to get started on building a brand new, ultra-stylish home? If so, call the Metronest Homes experts on 1300 510 733 or submit an enquiry form via our contact page.